More than ever, investors are keen on investing responsibly and in a sustainable fashion.Mirroring international trends, in Ireland capital market participants are increasingly considering environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in their investment decisions. They recognise that this not only impacts on a company’s reputation, operational risks and costs, but can enhance efficiency and productivity – leading to growth in shareholder value.
The Forum is a platform for market players with a substantial interest in ESG investing to come together with a joint mission to:
- Support and advance the sustainable development of both the Irish finance and investment sector, through delivering and supporting effective sustainable and responsible financial services, products and operations; and
- To spread and exchange experiences among the members of the Forum as well as to facilitate a diversified debate on ESG.
- To provide a platform for the promotion of Ireland’s sustainable / responsible investment sector and for international collaboration;
- To raise awareness of the sustainable / responsible investment agenda post COP21;
- To promote Ireland as a location of choice to domicile / manage assets from;
- To develop a skills programme for the enhancement of world-class knowledge and competence;
- To support the development of innovative financial services and products that support sustainable economic development; and
- To share industry insight and collaborate with sector stakeholders.
- Grow membership base to 50 participants
- Work to grow the market for sustainable and responsible investment by increasing understanding, acceptance and demand
- Act as a voice for the sustainable and responsible finance industry in Ireland
- Provide networking and member support that enables individuals and businesses to develop and grow. Actively co-operate with other sector organisations, at home and abroad, to maximise the sector’s collective strength; and
- Co-host with Responsible Investor the inaugural Sustainable Capital Forum in Dublin Castle, 15th & 16th March 2017
The Forum is open to institutional investors (pension funds, insurance companies, unit trusts and others) as well as other organisations with activities in Ireland that have a substantial interest in ESG investing.
As we work to grow a greater understanding of responsible & sustainable investing activities, the Forum has partnered with / joined a number of international organisations to collaborate and ensure access to best practice supports. These include (put these in as logos from the international partnerships page):